The Emperor Claudio's Nymphaeum is underwater, at a depth of about 5 mt., close to Epitaffio Point. It has a rectangular shape with a semi circular apsis at the bottom and four niches on the long sides.
We can sea very clearly this structure underwater and it is extremely suggestive for the presence of the statues, accurately reproducted. After visiting the Ninfeum, the dive continues along the extroardinary Herculanea road, wich once upon a time leaded to Portus Julius, and the beautiful floors of the ancient roman baths.
Depth: 5 mt.
VILLA WITH PROTYRUM ENTRANCE
The ancient Baia's port was a delimited lagoon (Lacus Baianus) with an entrance channel, wich ruins are visible nowadays as well as the ruins of ancient shops and thermal buildings. In this urban estate the ruins of an ancient important villa stand out, with its prothyrum entrance, delimited by two marble seats.
The remains of the marbles, of the frescos and of a wonderfull mosaic (tessellatum) with black and white stones forming different hexagons, all very well kept, make the dive extremerly suggestive.
Depth: 5 mt.
It was an important commercial harbour, wich was noticed by the diver pilot R.Bucher, thank to aerial pictures which showed the topography of a huge port complex of about ten hectares.
During the dive it is possible to admire many ruins of floors, columns, marbles, but the peculiarity of the site is the amazing mosaics.
Depth: 3 mt.
We dive on the ruins of an ancient patrician house of the roman imperial age. The residence originately was owned by the Pisoni's family, but further on the villa was confiscated by the mperor Nerone, after the attempt of a cospiracy against him.
Besides the remains of the columns of a large garden and the ruins of the corridors which sorrounded the garden (vidarium), the ruins of a huge are recognisable and, on the other side , it is possible to notice the thermal pool and of the private firsh farm.
Depth: 5 mt.
The dive is along twelve pillars wich supported the external jetty of Portus Julius. In this dive we can go deeper then in the other dives of the park, infact we reach the depth of about 13 mt., swimming along these structures observing the marine acquatic life grown on them.
It is very impressive the presence of some fumaroles, gasous emissions coming from the bottom for the volcanic activity.
Depth: 13 mt.
Book your dive by filling out the form below.
You will receive a booking confirmation by e-mail
- To complete the reservation, a minimum payment of at least 30% of the total amount is required.
- You will receive confirmation of your booking via email.
Cancellation terms and conditions:
- For any your cancellation a refund of the deposit paid is not available.
- For cancellations with less than 48 hours from check-in time, the total amount of the service will be charged.
- For cancellations due to SuBaia Diving Center decisions, such as adverse weather conditions, technical or organizational problems, the entire amount paid will be refunded; or you will make credit to carry out the activities on another date available by arrangement.
Terms of payment:
- Bank transfer to:
Sealand Adventure s.r.l.
Via Lucullo 51, 80070 Bacoli (Na) - Italy
BIC / SWIFT: BPPIITRRXXX
- Paypal or Credit Cards (you will receive an informal invoice with the payment link)